In this episode we talk about a wide range of things associated with lead generation and sales. Two topics that I see a lot of businesses struggle with. Steli is one of the few people that can discuss this topic from any context and still stay on point which is a testament to depth of competence.
Another one of the things that I really like about this interview is Stelies level of energy. Notice that in our conversation still he explains that English was not even his first language when he got here 7 to 8 years ago although he’s quite well spoken now. This is a another testament to how focused and dedicated he is with what he’s doing.
In This Episode:
- Helping telemarketers enter the digital age
- Compiling data you can trust
- The importance of duplicating personal efforts
- Start at the top of the funnel
- The art of closing the deal
- Every company has a sales ____________
- Lead generation trumps everything
- The importance of defining your customer
- Why the refinement process is crucial
Steli Efti is the co-founder and CEO of Close.io. He’s Silicon Valley’s most prominent sales hustler, a YC alumni, adviser to several startups and entrepreneurs and the author of The Ultimate Startup Guide To Outbound Sales.
Connect with Steli:
- steli -AT- close.io
Steli’s Favorite Book or Program:
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- Paypal Wars: Battles with eBay, the Media, the Mafia, and the Rest of Planet Earth by Eric M. Jackson
- Rework by Jason Fried
Steli’s Favorite Tool or Technology:
Steli’s Favorite Quote:
“The difference between a hero and a coward is that a hero acts despite his fear while a coward is held back by it.”