In this episode, we talk about how Tanvi broke free from the expectations that her family had placed on her and focused on what made her the happiest.
How she grew her business beyond the million dollar mark annually.
The things that she focused on that made a big difference.
How she’s used the compounding effect of relationships to help her grow her business.
The difference between the grind and the hustle.
The importance of trust.
And lots more.
In This Episode:
- Breaking out of her family’s expectations
- Learning the creative skill set
- Developing your skill set
- Finding the proper service/offer for your business
- Success through failure of the initial plans
- Niching down
- Getting beyond the Million dollar mark
- Diversifying after that initial niching down
- Her focus on __________ has made a huge difference
- Protecting against the competition
- Using relationships to grow
- The compounding effect of great relationships within your industry
- Landing gigantic clients from some of the biggest films and TV like Gravity, Simpsons, etc.
- The turning points in business
- Mining the Market
In 2005, Tanvi moved to Los Angeles to manage the Point Classics catalog of over 2500 classical compositions, securing ringtone deals, CD licenses, digital distribution, and film and TV placements that included Oscar-winner “Brokeback Mountain”, “Ocean’s 12”, “Land of the Dead”, “HBO’s Classical Baby”, “Wildfire”, “Judging Amy”, “Malcolm In the Middle”, “The Simpsons”, and more.
Tanvi is a 50% partner in Crucial Music Corporation along with serving as the company’s President and CEO. Her goal is to become the world’s number one supplier of independent artist music to the film, television, and advertising industries. Her Crucial placement credits included “Nebraska“, “Gravity“, “Captain Phillips“, “Scandal“, “Homeland“, “Boardwalk Empire“, “Orange Is The New Black“, “The Good Wife“, and others.
Tanvi is known throughout the industry for her sharp mind, her energetic spirit, and her unfathomable productivity. Rumor has it that after years of practice in the meditative arts, she can now use one-half of her brain to evaluate new music while simultaneously using the other half to find songs for supervisors she has on the phone. Either that or she never sleeps.
Connect with Tanvi:
Tanvi’s Favorite Book or Program:
- Things a Little Bird Told Me
- The Film and TV Class
Tanvi’s Favorite Tool or Technology:
Tanvi’s Favorite Quote:
Nobody else going to do it for you.